Re: [Harp-L] Re: Pat Ramsey

If anyone reading this has never heard Pat Ramsey's playing on Johnny
Winter's "Red Hot and Blue" album.....shame on you.

Cletus mentioned Ramsey's playing on "Honest I Do". Just listen to the first
notes on that song. The tone that Pat has on that song is clean, pure, and
soooooo warm... even on the 7-10 blows.

 There is a lightning fast run on "Last Night" that still pops my ears today
(at this very moment as a matter of fact) and slaps Popper down almost
twenty years prior.

And Johnny must have known it too since he (to my knowledge) never gave
anyone as much presence on his albums as Pat had on that album (OK, maybe
Johnny's brother Edgar, but that's family so it jez don' count).

The top three albums that turned me from a rock drumming teenager to blues
harper were Big Walter "Fine Cuts", Magic Dick on J Geils "Full House", and
Pat Ramsey on "Red Hot & Blue".

I consider Pat Ramsey one of the true greats, and I'll miss him.