Re: [Harp-L] Harmonicas For Dummies
- To: David Berntson <bernesto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harmonicas For Dummies
- From: Mojo Red <harplicks@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 17:07:18 -0800 (PST)
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=f+fR9ePQ+FkhLJMz0wbuiIusrau37DXgsWJW8H39/RuJImWHIPVIMf5ifncHuJ1cNCRJ/X8JGDwooLVsSDnckxtCsA30rpZuGesTJ5qpaYsrlRpmFedrBe2l8jfXxK8AW1xudHApY+bnsqN3+VtoDCTtLUqDCk2jCVe8YWy/a6w=;
- References: <6D7048CBD2954142B5E2C829F843B47A@STUDY>
Right ON, David!
Winslow has come forward with a great work, and I can't think of anyone who could have pulled this off with more authority or aplomb.
Harpin' in Colorado,
----- Original Message ----
From: David Berntson <bernesto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 10:33:11 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonicas For Dummies
Hello harmonica friends,
I recently picked up a copy of Harmonica For Dummies at a major national bookstore. At first glance it appears that Winslow Yerxa has compiled the first encyclopedic book on the Diatonic harmonica. I realize that nothing is perfect, however HFD is a fantastic work in its content, layout, and understandability for any level of player. Also, I believe that due to the positive reputation and massive distribution of the "Dummies" series of books we may see our humble instrument introduced to millions of new players! This could result in more players seeking instruction, increased harmonica sales, more live performances, higher CD/download sales, and a greater appreciation for the instrument. Hats off to Winslow Yerxa for his brilliant new book and thanks for doing all the hard work on this fine new publication.
Crossroads Learning Experience
Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and