To: "James Sterett" <jsterett@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Slideman Slim/Finger Mic/Microvox

Hi Jim -

I've worked with a few different small condensor mics, and I went with the countryman despite its cost because it sounds significantly better to my ears. However, they all have their quirks and tend to require some amount of eq. I also run mine through a volume pedal.

BTW, if anyone is actually considering buying a countryman, please contact me offlist first, as it is not perfect and you should understand the limitations before spending that kind of dough. If nothing else, you need to special order the low sensitivity model. I'm delighted with it, but your mileage may vary...

- Slim.