Re: [Harp-L] amplification question
- To: "John Adams" <quincy56@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] amplification question
- From: "Drew Ross" <spiritualpersonality@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 08:38:09 -1000
- Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=uM+CkfjLeWsIfp2QAFL6O79z4GOPrue0Otp2kWJc+JU=; b=BdRVMCCk0U1J3t1Eqx3xIOqaHKqUnH+wSq5RO/PVjwmI1Ljv1qmeIqQ6VPAHyadqwS ImKunekDyyE0eNwp1fJOjMSQqimWmJyCabVvsM259+5DnNgZKstxqF2GN+ek3wNwRGmB z7Mp4W96eDsejZ28WSZgr3tNEx4VmWJ5WwDoQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=i4UDve4PkYXD8Z8pSKYyPcE0LIxBFX8WlBMk/Q5fk7RMjuFvrSll38JX14ZuK444qe qXhn0KsErMI4/PCkVCaqr/pzhZFiUslzswGCjXm88RNEwtliZlu0QgeMXcNpLSJcS+fN Ev2r1vofDpo6krICIozkWG/DrZp3ohC+f0GwE=
- In-reply-to: <490C5486.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <490C5486.email@example.com>
Thanks to you and to all who contacted me off list. The one amp idea is
pretty interesting, and it seems to be a consensus that the harp through a
mic needs less gain.
On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 3:07 AM, John Adams <quincy56@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I use the same amp for both. I'd love to have dedicated amps for both,
> but I can't afford it. You can get by with a smaller amp for either if your
> amps are being mic'd into the board.
> The amp I use has two separate input channels, and I have a different
> pre-amp tube in the one I use for harp (lower gain). So far it has been
> plenty loud without the PA for both uses.
> Drew Ross wrote:
>> I've been playing for many years, but I'm finally getting toward amplified
>> harp now that I'm finally learning guitar, too. My question is whether a
>> harmonica through a microphone would tend to need a more powerful amp than
>> an electric guitar. I'm picturing two scenarios, one in which it is just a
>> guitar and harp, each through an amp, and a second in which there is a
>> larger band (bass, drums, maybe piano). I imagine that the answer may
>> be "it depends," but generally, which instrument needs the more powerful
>> amp? Does it depend on the harp mic or the type of guitar?
>> Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and