Re: [Harp-L] bushman replacement reeds

Rubben Emmanuelli wrote:
> i'm proud to say that jamming last night i blew so much
> my Delta frost in G  that now sound awful de-tune... i
> think lasted less of what i thought.  At first i did not
> like ithem  but then i really groove them out..
>
> Do they sell replacements reed or any idea what can i
> put inside? I dont want to buy a new harmonica.

One of the *great* things about the Delta Frost (manufactured by
Suzuki) is that the reeds are spot welded to the reed plates, making
them difficult - if not impossible - to replace.  I believe Brendan
Power has a procedure for drilling out the weld and attaching a new
reed with a screw, but for most of us that's not feasible (tools,
time, expertise, availability of replacement reeds, etc.).

If the reed isn't detuned too far you can retune it and get a little
more life.  Too many retunes and you're in danger of inhaling a reed
that fractures completely.

I don't know if Bushman (or Suzuki) sells replacement reed plates for
the Delta Frost, but I think you're going to be best off buying a new
harp.

-tim