Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 12:09:18 -0400
From: robert mcgraw <harpbob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] right hand vs left
To: Daniel Gage <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I'm right handed but have held with my right for 30 years [I don't play upside down] ...recently I've been working on holding with my left...I do think I get a "darker" sound that way. What I do, though, is hold with the left if it's a slow blues, or when I'm comping on a shuffle...when I'm going to be moving around the upper register or playing rock or jazz, I'll hold with the right. It seems more natural that way and the same advantages that accure tone wise in the lower register when holding with the left accure in the upper register when holding with the right. So why not use both?
It's strange, though...most of my time these days is spent on chromatic...and I hold that with the left...seems to not affect the way I hold diatonic at all.
WVa Bob

**************Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food. (http://food.aol.com/dinner-tonight?NCID=aolfod00030000000001)