Re: [Harp-L] EQ'ing for harp meets the materials debate

<<Different brands can sound quite different from
one another, and materials and quality of construction can
also affect the tone. A harmonica with a wooden comb, for
example, may sound warmer than one with a plastic comb....

When I read this statement, I see the words "MAY sound warmer". When I was studying law, the words may and shall came up for delineation.

May can mean, might, could, possibly, maybe. These are not definitive words.
Will can mean, must, should, shall, is, absolutely. These are definitive words.

Since the phrase wasn't "Wooden comb WILL sound warmer", but "MAY sound warmer", this is a non sequeter. And what IS warmer anyway? Just how DOES a sound sound warm? I think writers choose the best words that come to their mind (at the time) to describe what they are feeling (at the time). Since not every one is William F. Buckley Jr., I don't see the problem. So, Vern, put away the contraptions. We won't need them. lol

Now if we're talking about Florida May IS warmer than (say) March.

smo-joe (all my chromos are wood..but that's because they are very old, not because I like wood).