Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] My case against Harp Depot

Seems a bit one-sided, on the reactive side.

First of all, it wasn't merely one person mentioning grievances here, but
several. During the time I've been a member here, since 2002, this has been
a recurring theme, unresponsiveness in the face of unsatisfied customers,
waiting for indefinite periods of time for services or products that may or
may not show, in the long run.

You say that it's not fair to believe an accusation, on face value, against
HD, yet you wish us to believe your counter accusations against the
plaintiffs, again, at face value, apparently making attempts to discredit
ANY who have seeming legitimate grievances, merely because YOU, and certain
others you know haven't been similarly ill-treated.

Leaving aside the accusation of "theft", which may or may not be legitimate,
or merely an extension of the underlying frustration on the part of the
unsatisfied customer, several posters have made cases, even long-standing
cases against HD, at least most of which sound believeable. Unless the
posters having had these negative experiences are proven to be all the same
poster, posing as different posters, it would be unreasonable to expect
anyone to not to exercise due caution in doing business with an outfit whose
track record is seemingly intermittently suspect, inconsistent from one
customer to the next, and ESPECIALLY in light of the very statements made on
their own website, assuring potential customers that they or their
representatives may very well not be AVAILABLE, TIMELY, nor even willing to
receive mail that hasn't been separated by a week's time from the last.

Again, read it yourself:

http://www.harpdepot.com/email.cfm

Along the line of the "good-old-boy" thread of recent, maybe their business
has this element, based on whom they know, or have personally met. Some
receive good, efficient, responsive treatment, while others are left to
flounder?

Seems like both sides in this issue have strong feelings, and each side has
that right, without having to be exposed to coercion, threat, or demeaning
sarcasm from the other.

Personally, I tend to "believe all things", until further evidence arives to
illuminate the truth.

And I still think that any who pose as friends of Doc, Richard, or Harp
Depot would be doing them a favor by sending them a note. Heck, I don't even
know them, and I did.

BL