Re: [Harp-L] EQ'ing for harp

Here's an interesting article on EQing for harp from a recording perspective:

http://emusician.com/tutorials/emusic_taming_shrill/

Here's another one on EQ in general with one specific mention of harmonica:

http://www.ofsoundmind.com/OSM2/tech/setup/chart.htm

Note the fattening at 250 Hz for harmonica. If you have a graphic eq, checking out bumping the gain in this general area. Then find the area below that where you can roll off the bass to help eliminate feedback and things like throat noise.

Winslow

john merx <mxharpguyl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: mine's in the middle...  for example on my 7.5W orange (this is all just
guesstimating right now)

Volume:5 Low: 8 Mid: 6.5 High: 3-4 Gain: 5 with the mic at about 80% on the
potentiometer so I have room to kick it up if our bassist gets crazy.  But
once you get yourself set up, turned on, and somewhat near where you want to
be, the best thing to do for you is to fiddle with it until you create a
sound YOU like that doesn't feed back... or... if you're not alone... a
sound you won't get in trouble for.