Re: [Harp-L] Cowboy/Western Harmonica

There isn't much western harp that I've heard, maybe Aubrey Gass and the occasional bit of campfire harp on tunes by folks like Wilf Carter/Montana Slim (same guy on Canadian and US sides of the border).

You might listen to Wayne Raney's work on his own records and on the pre-rockabilly work of the later Delmore Brothers, or even the odd Roy Acuff tune with some harp by Jimmie Riddle.

A lot of what you hear in movies was written for Hollywood by Hollywood composers. It sometimes is unique and can't be found outside the fantasy world of the movies. (Not that Nashville isn't a fantasy world, too - just a different fantasy.)

Winslow

José Texidó <josetexido@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hey! Here it's me again with one of my questions.
I really like western music. Some of this songs are instrumental, with only
a guitar and a harp. Both with a considered delay or reberb on it. I'm
looking for recommendations for songs containing what I've mentioned before.
Instrumentals, with a guitar and a harp, the ones that you use to listen to
in the cowboy films. Do you know some songs or artists who compose this type
of music?
Thank you