RE: [Harp-L] How Many Working Harmonicas Do You Have?

> So I put this out for the group if anyone's interested: how many working
> harps do you own, and what varieties are they?

My goody bag that goes to sessions and gigs with me contains:

2x SP20 low D
1x SP20 in G
1x LO in G
1x Suzuki Bluesmaster in G
1x LO in A
1x Blues Harp MS in C
1x LO in low F
1x XB40 in G (rarely used)
1x Star Performer in Bb
1x Marine Band in low Eb
1x Hering 1248 chrom in G (rarely used)
1x 270 in D (occasionally used)
1x Echo tremolo double-sided in D/A
1x Echo tremolo double-sided in D/G

I have at least a dozen other session-ready harps consisting of keys I hardly ever need and emergency duplicates for some of the above.  I also have a fair old stock of unused, untuned SP20s and a variety of spare reedplate sets.   And at least another 20 or 30 harps in a box somewhere, all in good order, "that may come in useful one day."

Every diatonic harp in the above list has the Paddy Richter tuning.

You did ask!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm