[Harp-L] Speaker Hook-Up

Hello I have a small tube amp from the 50's the input is 40 watts and it sez 2 AMP. 3AG. The tubes are 6SJ7, 6VGT, 5YG3T and the other tube is enclosed in a silver cylinder and does'nt say what it is. The speaker is 6 inches.

I have an 8 inch speaker that I want to wire into the 6 inch speaker. Will the amp accept this kind of configuration or should I steer clear of this idea? Any advice would be helpful...Thanks!