Re: [Harp-L] Low-Z Vs High-Z Mics

Hi, Harp-l!

> the output and give "blues taste" on the notes. I'd like to play blues in
> the future, but not now. Is there any mic can be used both for church songs
> (clarity, sounds like harmonica) and blues (distorded sound) ? Or I have to
> buy two kinds of mic?
I've used green bullet earlier and dislike it. Now I'm using only
low-z vocal mikes (now I use Audix Fireball V, earlier Sennheiser
e835, shure sm58, beta57) with impedance transformer. If you want clean sound
you can plug it stright to P.A. If you want distoted you have to
overdrive good tube harmonica amplifier, which overdrives at
comfortable volume, most people said that Harpgear.com is great, don't
try it myself.

My favourite sound for jazz is clean tube amp (I use russian copy of
Fender pro junior) with vocal mic. If I want distortion (for blues or
rock) I use tube preamp (russian copy of Engl 530) with overdriven clean channel (not drive
channel!)

--
Boris Plotnikov
http://myspace.com/harmonicaboris