[Harp-L] Blues Birdhead

 I had a lot of trouble trying to listen to Mean Low Blues from the Amazon.com link that Rick sent.
Finally i discovered that if I scrolled down to the song list, i could click the arrow to the left
of the song title, to enable me to hear it.  It sounds to me like this version is in first position
using an F harp, but it is slow and therefore flat.
  Then harmoniman@comcast sent this link:
 http://www.authentichistory.com/1930s/music/1929-Mean_Low_Blues.html , which is the full song. This
seems to be in F# in first position, except that there is a low note that isn't on my F# harp (about
9/10th of the way thru the song).
  Whatever, this song is a workout in both first or second position, entailing lots of
opportunities to use OB's.  Fun stuff that could keep you occupied for days, if not years!  It also
has a couple of examples of that growl which we've talked about before on harp-L (about 6/10th of
the way thru) but at that time I didn't have the song to listen to, so i had little idea of what
the posters were talking about. But that growl appears to be on a the OB'd 4 blow. I'm gonna save
this link.  If anyone can shed light on what's going on in this song, i would be very interested.
 This was great.  Thanks for sending that link.
ron