RE: [Harp-L] Re: Whammer Jammer Magic Dick Transcription.

I have two sets of tabs/music that I used to learn this. One came from
www.harmonicalessons.com and it's just standard tab notation. But David
Barrett did it up with both tab and musical notation on his
www.harmonicasessions.com site as the monthly lesson some time ago. This
is probably the one you are looking for. It also has some text
describing some of the techniques used in the tune. I don't want to send
it and violate any laws or the trust of those folks, the former is
definitely not one of the 'free' ones, I was a member. David's may still
be on his site, he does list the back issues. I'd go there and search.
Good luck, it's a tough song! My version still sucks but I can play it
all the way through. The rest will come in time.

Adam Gussow also has an interview with magic dick on his website (the
abbreviated version is on youtube I think) where they talk about the
song and a lot of the techniques used. To learn it, better to get the
studio version first rather than the amped up speeded up live version
from Full House Live. Graduate to that! There's also a version on the
"Command Performance" "The Legendary Rhythm & Blues Review" CD that is
pretty recent - for that one Dick's bullet broke and he had to do it
acoustically! Great version too though.

John, get with me at SPAH and I'll work with you a bit on it (although
many attendees there probably know it better than me). I'll likely be at
Jason's blowoff and only at SPAH Weds to half day Friday. Now where's
that gunslinger....

Bill