[Harp-L] Seydel Blues Favorite (Black) questions

Hello All,

After hearing all of the great comments about Seydel harps, I decided to
splurge and try out a Blues Favorite Black model. I have been playing it for
a couple of days now and I have a couple of questions.

First, after releasing the 4 draw bend, I am getting a noticeable hesitation
on the note returning to the unbent pitch. I am an advanced intermediate
player who likes to play somewhat hard, but not overly. I'm assuming this is
a gapping issue, but I was wondering if this is characteristic of the Seydel
harps in general or did I just get a bad one. I do not have this issue on
the Special 20's I usually play, or the Marine Band Deluxe I am trying out
as well. Any thoughts?

Also, on the 3-6 octave, I am getting a harsher octave than I do on my
Hohners. Are the Seydels tuned differently? I do play a lot of chords and
this octave just doesn't sound as pleasant to my ears.

These issues aside (which are unfortunately significantly impacting my
enjoyment of the harp), I must say that this is one beautiful instrument.
Built like a tank and probably the most air-tight harp out of the box I've
played. If I had to describe the harp in one way, I'd say that it is one of
the most "accurate" harps I've ever played. My control of bends is much
enhanced when playing it.

Thanks in advance,

Bob