[Harp-L] Seydel prices

Did some math.That can mean no good. ;)
I thought this was interesting....
 The Seydel Chromatic DeLuxe C has been 99 bucks in the US since at least 1999. At that time, they got 216 Deutsche Marks for each sold in the US.
The Euro came out in 2002, I believe. The DeLuxe was available in C only that year and still 99 bucks, which at the time meant 99 Euros for Seydel. Today, the Chromatic DeLuxe C is 99 bucks. Seydel only gets like 63 Euros for it,. from our 99 bucks.. We are of course, ignoring dealer discounts here.....
When I factor in inflation and the Euro vs. dollar stuff, Seydel would need to charge like $178 to get the same amount of money that it was getting per Chromatic DeLuxe sold in the U.S. in 1999.
Just thought I'd pass that on for y'all's enlightenment, edification and whatnot.
Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk RIver Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com