[Harp-L] RE: Les Thompson

Since I get the digest, probably someone else has mentioned the Les Thompson info at Bassharp, but here's the link:

http://www.bassharp.com/lesthomp.htm
Les had a pretty small discography, although the people I know that saw him perform would rave about him. I hunted for a long time to get his 70s Jazz Chronicles LP(Danny at Bassharp finally helped out on that one) after getting his 1952 GNP 10" recording (the one with Dexter Gordon and Wardell Gray, live, which I believe is now on the early Toots cd). The Jazz Chronicles tapes are now in the hands of the son of the original producer, Harry Babasin but I don't think there are plans for a reissue. I think the Youtube video comes from "Stars of Jazz Vol. 3" from 1958, originally on ABC-TV; that's an educated guess but I could be mistaken. I'm glad to finally see him play in his prime. . Les has been in a nursing home for a number of years now.