[Harp-L] Help Me with harmonica positions vs modes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfd13ZA8pBI

A short overview of the same lick played in different positions.
As you will hear there are better positions for this tune than others.
For example the C harp in 4th sounds the worst because of the unstable
root.

Even though this tune is traditionally played in 2nd position (cross
harp) I prefer to play it on a G harp in 3rd position because I think
it offers more sonic option because of it's naturally occurring DORIAN
MODE.

Harps used in the sample
D harp 2nd position
C harp 4th position