Ray.
--
My Music – www.resgraphics.com/music

On Jul 23, 2008, at 11:07 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:27:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Payne <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Salad Bowl finish can now kiss my bluegrass
To: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hey y'all, just want to say, salad bowl finish can kiss my bluegrass. It was always tough getting a good looking finish with it, but that problem is gone forever. I'm a butcher-block oil man now. There is no comparison to its awesomeness. Just wipe on.smooth finish without sanding.
Also, discovered another awesome thing. Milk paint. It's the old paint they used to use back in the 1800s, folks used to make it from lime and milk and pigment back in the day. I tell you, it's awesome to paint the outside of a harp comb. Finishes nicely, sticks like concrete... I think it works on the same principle as concrete. If you paint with the reedplates on, you have to sand it off the plate where it meets the comb, it sticks to that. What's even more awesome is it comes as a powder and you mix it up. That means, I can buy a bag of powder and mix up only the minute quanitities I need for harps and it doesn't set up in the can, cause there ain't any can.

I got my milk paint at woodcraft. Butcher's block is more widely available.
Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com