Re: [Harp-L] AKG Wireless

Brad Hatfield wrote:
> I just got an AKG snap-on wireless. When I use it, I crank the amp
> way up but I can still only barely hear it. I figure this is an
> impedance issue. Can someone tell me what to do? Do I get an
> impedance transformer? It works fine with my SM57 but not with my
CM
> JT-30. I hope I didn't get the wrong one. I've only recently
noticed
> that there are models with orange or grey on the battery cover.
> What's that about?

The output problem you are having is an impedance issue.  Your SM57
is low impedance, for which the Snap-On is designed.  The JT-30,
despite the XLR connector, is high impedance, and won't drive the
Snap-On properly.  On my JT-30, I use an XLR-to-1/4F adaptor, and
plug an AKG "guitar bug" (designed for high impedance) transmitter
into that.  I got the two transmitters (Snap-On and Guitar Bug) in
the same frequency so I can use the same receiver for both.

The colors for the battery covers designate the frequency on which
the transmitter broadcasts.  AKG publishes a table that shows the
frequencies and their designated colors.

Hope this helps,

-tim