Re: [Harp-L] throat vibrato

Don't force any thing.
This is an exercise to first help you get control.
Blow or draw practice playing triplets with a soft
accent on the first note in each triplet.
Move it up and back in speed. The note should not stop but be like a wave with a triplet pulse in it.

This is step one.

Diggs

>>> Jimmy D <jimmyd1147@xxxxxxxxxxx> 07/21/08 19:38 PM >>>
I have been playing harp for over 10 years.My throat vibrato is not great. I have practiced the throat exercises some. I decided today i am going to  practice these throat exercises daily until i get it.For those of you with decent vibrato .Did it take a lot of practice?  Tongue blocking came easy for me.Is it like that with vibrato. Does it come naturally for some? Can it be learned through intense practice ?
thanks
jimmy