RE: [Harp-L] SPAH Line-up or Agenda

> On Jul 21, 2008, at 5:59 AM, <venkyr@xxxxxxx> wrote:>  > Dear List,> As this is my first SPAH can some of you please put out a current  > list of performers at this year's SPAH? If this is too much work,  > just point me (us) in the right direction.

   I will be giving a recurring seminar/workshop on playing harmonica in a blues/R&B horn section. This will take place each morning Wed-Fri. I will have some help from some different harmonica luminaries who are... are you ready? TBA! I have a few people in mind. It will be a lot of fun and a different way for many players to think about the role of your "horn" in a section or band. I can offer some insight into the way that horn players (at least myself) think in a situation of instant, on the spot, off the cuff, just add water horn section situations.
     Multiple days will be nice, so that players can come each day and have concepts sink in better or else come 1-2 times if the time conflicts with another seminar that they would like to attend.
    I will also be performing at Jason's 5th Annual Blowoff at BB's Jazz, Blues & Soups in downtown St. Louis on Tuesday night along with Groovy Gypsy, Madcat, Jason Ricci and R.J. Mischo. I have special surprise in store as I will be having a great harmonica friend from 30 years ago sitting in on my set.
   Thursday night at SPAH, I will be opening for my friend, the great R.J. Mischo. I also have a few surprises in store for the jazz jams. (a little Smo-Joe anyone?)

Make friends with music, make music with friends.
 Michael Peloquin http://www.harpsax.comhttp://www.myspace.com/harpsax