[Harp-L] Re: Harmonicas and Airport Security...

I travel a lot. I always take harps and my Zoom H4, and I often take a mic, cables, and the Digitech RP200.

I assume that any TSA officer who's earning his or her salary is going to want to see that stuff up close, and I'm rarely disappointed.  It's never gone beyond opening the bag to look through the stuff, and I deal with that by showing up early.

Non-harmonica airport security related info: on 2 recent trips, I mistakenly left a knife with a 6-inch folding blade in the back pocket of a pair of jeans that I had packed in my carry-on luggage.  That knife went through security at LaGuardia in NYC both times, was caught once at Minneapolis (where I checked the luggage containing the knife) and once at Reagan National in DC (where I surrendered the knife, because I didn't have any luggage that I wanted to check).  I don't know why TSA at LaGuardia can't find the stuff that they see immediately in Minneapolis and DC.

Regards, Richard Hunter