Re: [Harp-L] Re: country/western/McCoy

If you have never heard the sides that Don recorded with Mo Vint, do yourself a favor and get them...Around the World in 80 Days by Don in first position is one of my favorite diatonic solos of all time. He played up on the top octave a lot where it is similar to 2nd position using the lower two octaves. His was one of the most musical players I have ever heard. I got the CD from Danny Wilson's site...but I don't know if it's still available there. Joe plays first position about as close to Don as I have heard...make him demonstrate next month in St. Louis.

PT Gazell
  I do most of Don's stuff. He was big on 1st position but would do 2nd
  when the need arose. 'Just the Nearness of You', 'Around the World',
  'Sunny Side of the Street', 'Waiting for the Sunrise', 'Dream the
  Impossible Dream', Charade, all done in first position.