Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Chrometta

Yes, I might just subscribe to Slidemeister, particulatly as I've made a resolution to start using my chrom more, having down so much groundwork on it. Coping with more online info. is an exhausting thought though.
Many thanks for the input Elizabeth.
RD

>>> <EGS1217@xxxxxxx> 17/07/2008 2:28 >>>
I don't like the Chrometta line at all...don't play the 8 and 12 I  own....
but know several people on Slidemeister who absolutely won't play  anything
else.  Look for Alliax's videos on YouTube (he's also on  Slidemeister), who
plays everything on (I believe) a 12 or 14 hole chrometta (I  forget which). It is
true that the 8 is pocket sized, but I use my 10-hole old  Hohner chromonica
for that purpose, wood body (intact despite its age) and  all.

I find the chrometta mouthpiece holes too big for me...much preferring the
CX-12 line (for a mostly plastic chromatic).  I just like the sound of  them so
much more, the ease of cleaning, and the fat button with the very  short
throw.

You might consider taking this question to a predominantly chromatic  site.
You'll get far more responses, feedback and insight about the  instrument:
ease of playing, repair, etc.

Elizabeth

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:46:01 +1000
From: "Rick  Dempster" <rick.dempster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L]  Chrometta
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

I was wondering if anyone would like to offer some  advice on the Hohner
'Chrometta' line, particularly the Chrometta 8. But for  that matter, I'm looking
for a small 'pocket' chromatic, so I can conveniently  carry a chrom on my
person the way I have always done with diatonics.
I seem  to recall some negative comments about the Chrometta.
Thanks,
RD