[Harp-L] Billy speaks about his performance rigs...in reply to Groovy Gypsy feedback

G.G., Thanks for your feedback and attention re: The Digitech Jamman Loop/phrase pedal.
I guess I'm in for yet another 'learning curve' [hopefully toward further useful creativity and decent professional playing].
 I have already purchased the Jamman [it arrived today]. A rather solid little box.It looks great. I am busy this week preparing for a couple of gigs/ rehearsals etc.. so I won't get a look at it yet.  You may be right ? A guy like me may not find the unit totally useful in my 'live' band situations thats for sure, but we'll see if I can get into it for 'solo stuff'. I've got to try to earn a dollar in this career in anyway I can.
Usually however,I strip down to the 'absolute minimum of effects units' in my setups. I'm into natural harmonica 'tone' majorly. This gadget is hopefully going to enhance and give me a bit of a 'modern edge' when 'travelling solo' to market shows and related sales. I will link it into backing tracks etc on the laptop probably or use it as a separate gimmick. My usual setups are for 'light acoustic gigs'. So I play directly into my P.A. plus for 'dynamics' a miked 'wedge shaped' rechargeable 15 watt 'Busking amp' made by Ashton [I took the logo plate off and what you have is a great handy little amp].
 I run my harp through a plastic Labtech computer mike [we bought a box of them][+extented lead] into the Digitech RP200 *[Richard Hunter has some great patches made up for it if you don't want to muck about exploring tones and effects]. It can sound absolutely awesome. I also use the Kalamazoo Model 2 [recapped] sometimes with a Lone Wolf Delay to round off the edges. It absolutely 'Cranks' with a Chrome Ronette bullet modded with new element and guitar cord adapter by 'Mr Microphone' [Dennis Oilleg]. Thats my favorite electric rig at present. I also use a 'Fat Dog' Splitter to link up to 3 Kalamazoo Model 2's together [which is pretty awesome]. I also use a  Kinder Anti- Feedback *[a great tone tool] on a Peavey Delta Blues 210 [pre-amp tube change] for ordinary blues groups [miked to p.a]. In my 60's garage rock outfit www.thestiffies.com  I've been playing through a friends Sonny Jnr 2 6x8 and recently [the verdicts still out] on the Sonny Jnr 410 that I recently bought. My SJ410 [a very nicely finished amp] but it seems to have 'very little play' in the bass/mid controls.
I have numerous microphones, but the Ronette is my favorite. I recently bought a Low to Hi Z volume transformer for a EV RE10 from Greg Heumann. Thats in the mail.
You probably didn't need to know any of that crap but there ya go... it may help someone out there on the HarpL to 'crank up' their gear.
Thanks again for your feedback G.G.It was most welcome-I've got to say just about everything I use I majorly learnt from HarpL and my good friend John O'B-  Sincerely BJ
www.myspace.com/billyjamesstiffie