[Harp-L] What Joel sent first.

This was my email to Liz.....

Hello Elizabeth,
Yes, there are people on Harp-l who have interesting and constructive
things to say.....Steve Shaw, Rick Dempster, Rick Epping amongst others.
Pity then that you aren't on this list.
Are you Winslow's mum, by the way, as you seem to be unable to help
yourself from jumping in to his discussions.
I'm sure he's a big boy who can fight his own battles (not that this is
a battle, you understand, merely a dialogue or a discussion)
As to people leaving, I have read all the other stuff on Buddhasgroove,
so know a bit about all the back-biting, sniping and general
provincionalism that goes on on this list.
I'm afraid your attitude is revealed through your rhetoric.
Yes, I have attitude and don't care who knows it, but it's mine and I'm
very happy with it, thank you.
And I will continue to say what I think and feel, whoever and whatever
you think you are.....

Perhaps you should read postings by people who have actually agreed with
my position that playing acoustically is very difficult, in fact, why
don't you read my first and second postings, so you know what is
actually being said, rather than your desire to protect Winslow.

The latest edition of Geantrai on RTE Ireland has Mick Kinsella on
harmonica and his wife Josephine on Melodeon. They are in a pub, the
audience is hushed, but the harmonica, even with a microphone close by,
struggles to be heard as a voice over the power of the unamplified
Melodeon.

So yet again, does Winslow's assertion that he can hold his own
acoustically over a band have anything useful to say to a budding
acoustic player.
Does blowing your own trumpet constitute good teaching, I don't think
so.

Oh, yes, it's 'PEDANTRY' isn't it, thank you for the
correction..........ho ho!

Cheers,
Joel.
--