RE: [Harp-L] BandMaster

> To all: have a Bandmaster in front of me. Not sure if it is the same as the 1898??? It has a red plastic comb. 24 double holes total 48? Bought it on e-bay. seems to play well . Key C
> Stan

Many moons ago I used the big old double-sided ones which were in C and G.   They were absolutely never in any sort of decent tune when new and if you adjusted them they kept their tuning for approximately two minutes of playing, a  bit of an issue with tremolos!   However, they were loud and raucous and I had some fun with 'em way back in the dark ages.   I think I still have a couple upstairs in a cupboard somewhere, in their soft plastic cases.   I hope you didn't pay too much!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
Find the best and worst places on the planet
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719807/direct/01/