RE: [Harp-L] Irish Tunes in Relative Minor.

> And Winslow, as for Steve Shaw answering my question, he clearly hasn't
> as he starts his reply with "I'm not really sure what the problem is"
> I have talked to Steve a few times before and have learnt many of the
> tunes he plays, he's a nice guy, easy to talk to, full of good info and
> not an egomaniac. But he plays in a different style to myself. He isn't
> really in a position to help me as he doesn't use chording style. I put
> my initial posting up to see whether there was anyone on this list who
> was trying to play in the style I am.....tongue-block, chording, vamping
> folk tunes on an unaltered Richter diatonic.

> Joel Thomas
> theloveboxquartet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joel, I was aware of the fact that I wasn't addressing your chording/vamping issues, but I think that what I had to say about positions for playing "minor-key" (Dorian and Aeolian) tunes, one aspect which you raised that I DO know something about ;-) was fairly relevant to anyone playing Irish tunes in any style on diatonic harps.

Cheers

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

The John Lewis Clearance - save up to 50% with FREE delivery
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719806/direct/01/