Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Irish Tunes in Relative Minor

Thank you for posting your response, Winslow.. I wasn't sure how I was  going
to  explain it to him.

I'm the one who posted the second link, and it wasn't in any way to
contradict your first posting of you playing acoustically with the fiddlers'  group, I
simply thought this second link allowed us to recognize you more  readily,
and since I thoroughly enjoyed the clip.. posted it purely for the  list to hear
more of your music.  I'd no idea anyone would so completely  misunderstand.

Elizabeth

"Message: 11
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 16:06:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:  Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx, Joel Thomas  <theloveboxquartet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Steve Shaw nicely addressed your other queries, but  I'd like to reply
to your apparently confused understanding of my statements  as quoted
below.

I said that I can be heard acoustically - no  amplification at all -
with a large group of fiddlers. While I do also play  amplified, I did
not state that I could be heard acoustically while amplified  - that
would be something of a contradiction.

The video link I  posted shows me first completely unamplified, and then
amplified, in the  space of a few seconds. First, I'm playing
unamplified (a country-tuned Lee  Oskar in D) while walking across a
stage in a large theatre while six or  seven percussionists and an equal
number of cellists play a groove (maybe  some guitarists were also
playing; I couldn't say). Someone halfway back in  the theater picks me
up up loud and clear on their cellphone camera during my  unamplified
travel. Then I arrive at a microphone, and I'm not as loud as I  was
when I was playing directly the house acoustically. While all  120
musician were not blazing away at that moment, it's nonetheless  plain
that a harmonica can be heard acoustically over a dozen or  so
supposedly louder instruments from quite a  distance!

Someone else posted link a to a clip of me in a quite  different
situation where I am amplified because I'm leading a large group.  I
didn't originally post this link because, unlike the first clip,  it
doesn't show me in a truly unamplified   situation.

Winslow