[Harp-L] side vent test discussion

I just called that guy whose answer I had slight doubt what he meant and got clarification. That's 19 of 19 who correctly identified the sample with side-vent manipulation. There were also about seven others who responded after someone posted their findings on slidemeister, all of them correctly named the manipulated sample as well.

I'm going to do this same test with a Marine Band. I expect those results won't be as one-sided. The prewar Seydel Bandmaster has side vents on steroids compared to the MB.

Did anybody hear a tonal difference? If so, what was it like? There is a difference in volume, I couldn't really hear much of a volume shift, but I could see a slight change graphed, so it's there.
Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com