[Harp-L] Side Vent test

Well, somebody posted their answer on Slidemeister, so I'm going to pull the plug on the test and tell you what the results have been. There have been 19 responses. One answer I did not understand which the person was talking about, so once that is cleared, the test could go one person to either side. Eventually, I'll post one side vent test with a Marine Band.
But in the 18 responses remaining, 100 percent correctly picked the one with side vent manipulation. sample No. 2. Several people said the change was extremely obvious, a couple said the change in tone was only slight, one person said "If I had to guess," but then he guessed it right.
So, more importantly than side vents, I think that shows the differences in us and how we perceive things. Everybody noticed the change in the side vent, but it was way more obvious to some than others.
My favorite answer "I am blind and I can tell it it's No. 2" I got a real chuckle out of that one.
OK, now that the test part is over, discussion can begin, I wonder what people heard in the manipulated sample, Sample No. 2. What I heard in it was some manipulation in the treble tone and a change in volume. .
Dave
Dave Payne SR.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com