From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of IcemanLE@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2008 6:49 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] high end notes not responding

Holes 8 - 10 can be problematic in response when too much force is used -
more so than a gapping problem.

Breathing the harmonica will result in more tone/volume than blowing and
sucking. However, this is a hard discipline to adopt (or even understand) if
the player approaches the harmonica as an instrument to blow air through.

Also, there is a built in human response that items that are "higher up"
need more energy - reaching higher to pick up something off a shelf uses
more energy than grabbing items at eye level, for instance.

Try to resist this natural response - the higher you go on the harmonica,
the more you should relax your approach to achieve the best results.

The Iceman