RE: [Harp-L] JAYPHAT multi-amp demo clip (thank you)

My thanks to Stephen for first of all sharing this stuff and second
tolerating my having drawn some attention to him in the first place.
Anyone who lurks the Weber harmonica amps board is aware of him but a
lot of the time on harp-l he's been under the radar.  If you play around
with amplifiers and tubes in particular there is just about a lifetime
of learning in these several posts.  It's all right there even if it is
subtle.  The clips aren't subtle though.  This thread is a continuation
of a discussion first started way back when by Rick Barker and then
followed up on by Mike Curtis. The old timers whine that harp-l isn't
the same as it was and that's true but by the same token if you go back
and read what was being posted a decade ago the signal to noise ratio
hasn't slipped a bit and there are still gems like this being posted.
Harp-l is what I'd call a high context culture.  You really need to hang
out a good long while to understand what it is that's actually here.
Finally my thanks to Al Eichler the publisher of the American Harmonica
Newsletter (old name) because without him I would have never known about
HIP the Harmonica Information Publication.  HIP is where I first read
about harp-l.  Believe it or not we actually had to read things on paper
decades ago.  Also my thanks to Winslow Yerxa the publisher of HIP.  And
as usual my continuing admiration to Chris Pierece for having the wisdom
to get harp-l rolling.  It never ceases to amaze me that I can just
click a pdf of that Robert Johnston article in Acoustics Austrailia and
read it online.  My first very worn copy was obtained by actually going
to a university science library and paying to have it copied.  fjm