[Harp-L] AKG WMS 40 PRO/Guitarbug UHF Wireless Guitar System

Thanks to whomever posted the link to guitar center http:// www.guitarcenter.com/AKG-WMS-40-PRO-Guitarbug-UHF-Wireless-Guitar- System-103663290-i1127027.gc for this product. It WAS off the market for a while but is evidently back on. Very cool. I have one of these - works well - does a little compression, which is probably a good thing. The transmitter is Hi-Z, so compatible with most harp mics. SO - how do you connect it to your mic? Not many people have mics with 1/4" female jacks. If you have a screw-on connector and use a Type 332 adapter the transmitter will actually be too close and interfere with your grip.

For anyone who is interested, I make an adapter that connects to your mic's screw-on or XLR connector, optionally includes a volume control, and terminates in the 1/4" female jack this device needs. Because the spring-loaded transmitter still wants to spin and flop around a bit, I use a small strip of gaffer's tape to secure it to the adapter. If you have a low impedance mic I can build an impedance matching transformer into the adapter as well, with or without the volume control.

If you have questions please contact me off-list.

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com
http://www.bluestateband.net