[Harp-L] Wireless

For 3 years I played my harmonica  4 or 5 times a week, with a Gospel  choir,
in Church. They had a "state of the art" PA system, featuring "wireless"
mics for the vocalists.
Once or twice every week, the battery would fail in one or other of the
mics. And it was really expensive to run... 10 or 12 batteries a week?
Also the local taxi service tended to use the same, or nearly the same
frequency. In the middle of a beautiful praise and worship song the message  would
come through the PA... "Car 6, go to Artillery Place"... It rather spoiled
the mood!
OK I guess things have improved lately, the technology has skipped ahead.  So
perhaps the latest systems might be less prone to interference, and have a
longer battery life.
But I have enough problems with simple jack to jack leads failing!
Wireless is just another thing to go wrong. It has its place, but I  wouldn't
want to go there.
Just my 2 Pence worth!
John Walden
London