[Harp-L] Shape of throats, covers and impressions

Throats: I do think the opened shape of one's throat acts as a resonating box for any sound in your mouth, even if not generated by your voice; this is based upon pure speculation and practice.

Covers: Curtis Salgado once opined to me that the closed covers of certain harps have a distinct effect on sound, and for Rice Miller and Howlin' Wolf this also enhanced their ability to play with no hands, sticking the thing in their mouth  (they seemed to use the 12 & 14 hole 364/365s for this).  You gotta hear Curtis play, he's really got it.

Impressions: Apparently I did accept the bull about Blues Harp's bendability. (Could the closed covers have had an affect upon that?)  Oh well. I also worked for Gene McCarthy, go figure.   Anyway I thought the Blues Harps were trash, possibly because their soft covers crushed so easily.

Viva Sp20s!