Re: [Harp-L] Hohner Blues Harps/MBs same in '69? When was SP20 born?

When the Blues Harp was introduced about 40 years ago, Hohner's advertisements claimed that it had thinner reeds that were easier to bend.

I saw my first Blues Harp at Manny's in '67. I asked what the diff was, and the guy behind the counter said he'd heard that it was tuned slightly differently, meaning it had the same notes but some were a few cents sharper or flatter. I bought one and heard no difference whatsoever. I thought there was something wrong with my ears.

I'd love to know if there was any difference at all.

All I could think was, When the hell are they going to make a harp with a plastic comb?