Re: [Harp-L] RE: Blowing too hard....

Oh, here's the actual link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlUOVTVA6jI

--- On Thu, 7/10/08, Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fw: Re: [Harp-L] RE: Blowing too hard....
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 10:03 AM

By the way, just to demonstrate that I'm not blowing smoke about being able to be heard acoustically among a large number of fiddles, here's a Youtube clip that someone captured, apparently on a cell phone, in April 2007.

The 120-strong San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers are giving a concert, though the cell phone mic does a weak job of capturing the huge sound. I get up to take a solo and I start playing while I'm about 10 feet from the mic (and maybe 100 feet from the cell phone), and you can hear me very clearly acoustically, in the theatre, over the cello section. For some reason, the stage mic doesn't pick up my playing very well, though, and the clip ends just as I start to dig in.

Winslow