Re: [Harp-L] Shure SM57 Impedance range

Unless you have an original Shure to AB against then it may be hard to
decipher.   There's different tonal parameters that may or may not be
affected, but I'm sure the consistant quality control is off the mark
considerably.   There may be less low end or thickness of low end, there may
be hissy highs and trebly mids.  There may not be any of those, but I
wouldn't  try and resell it back on ebay as original because now, if it is
fake, you're liable since you suspect it.

NOTE:  a counterfeit SM57 may sound better than most mics, so give it a
whirl and see what it sounds like as you're stuck with it now.

Curious, what are you going to use it for?