Subject: [Harp-L] any video gurus out there?

Garry:  I'm FAR from a video guru, but I taped most of the show  too...from
the front row, albeit slightly to the side.

I'm not sure how good the audio in my small DV videocam is..I haven't  played
back the tapes, yet...(been caught up with a lot of medical 'stuff' since
then).

I'll be happy to send you the tapes - see if they can be aligned better..or
if the sound worked better on mine?  had a thought...  since we were  both
taping 'in real time'..you might be able to use MY audio from the videos if  it's
any better...or intersplice them together?

I've since gotten a new videocamera with DVD's built in..and supposedly
better audio, so the next JR&NB show (the Spah blow off)..should be pretty  darn
good....I'll try to get it on Zoom audio as well.

Elizabeth

"Message: 7
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 13:51:42 -0600
From: Garry  Hodgson <harp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

i have a reasonably nice video of our JRNB habitat  show this year.
alas, the levels were wrong, or the volume  overwhelmed the AGC,
because the audio on it is clipped to the point  of being unlistenable.
pure distortion.  i do have a good  separate audio recording of the
event, however.  so i wondered if  there was anyone out there with the
tools and expertise to try  replacing the bad audio track with the good
one?  i can try, but  i'm not really well set up for video processing,
and it makes my  ancient computer very unhappy to try.

if anyone's interested, let me  know.