Re: [Harp-L] re: Blues blaster vs JT30

Greg

How do I tell what the value of the pot is?

Thanks

Greg Heumann wrote:
Hi, Gary

The Blues Blaster with MC-151 is in fact identical to the last JT30's made, with the possible exception of the volume pot. Hohner took the stuff over from Astatic. But when they ran out of Astatic elements, they substituted an el-cheapo asian crystal that just doesn't sound good. So later blues blasters might explain what you heard. Not all JT30's had volume controls, and I've seen different pots used in the blues blaster. If the pot isn't at least 1M ohm it robs tone from the element.

/Greg

http://www.blowsmeaway.com
http://www.bluestateband.net

I have an old blues blaster with an MC151 element would this mic be the same as a JT30 with the same element. I hear people say that these mics aren't very good.

Thanks
Gary