Re: [Harp-L] RE: Blowing too hard....

chriscanning@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< with the encouragement of this list I
have been  experimenting with blowing softer

Of course "Dynamics" are vital to good music." Loud/Soft/Loud." and so  on.

Since I was 13 years old, I've mostly played amplified. But in recent  years
I've played 100% (amplified) but MUCH softer than in the past, I've let  the
amp make up the volume. This has extended the life of my instruments,  perhaps
500%....

But I've just joined a TOTALY acoustic group, 2 fiddles and a rhythm
acoustic jumbo guitar.

There is a cultural objection to my using my usual Fender Blues Deluxe 40
watt amplifiers, or a pa system...

So I have to compete acoustically with 2 violins... ! violin on it's own,
would be 2 x as loud as most harmonicas!

Perhaps at my next gig I'll take my baby battery "Pig Nose"...

"Balance" between instruments is ALWAYS a problem, whatever the style of
music.

Best wishes
John Walden
London