Re: [Harp-L] Weber 5F2H kit?

Nathan, I've built several of them and was the first to do so.   Bruce of
Mission Amps designed the amp and not Ted Weber.  Ted changed about 2 minor
things because he and Bruce were not on too great of terms from what I
gathered and I think he wanted to distance himself.  Pure intuitive
speculation, though.

I also changed a few things by beafing up the cathode bias R to handle the
heat as it was borderline,  and a few other things.....minor though,  and
not changing tone much at all except for brightness.  I would not use Weber
Transformers at all, they're cheap!  I know this first hand and so do many
others.  Ted is in the business to allow someone to make his/her own amp for
a low price, so I don't really fault him, but if you want it to last
then find the appropriate tranny from say Hoffman, Kendrick Amps or Mercury
Magnetics and there's a few others that specialize in trannys that excape
me..  ?????? brain fade.

For less than 15 watts, this amps cranks out serious harp tone, but it is a
heavy sucker at 30 pounds due to the added choke....about 5 pounds.  I built
one in 10 hours being calm and methodical, so if you had all your stuff
together you can do one in a few days.   I personally think for twice the
wattage one can buy an amp for less than twice the price and already have an
amp built and ready to go.

Any more q's then you can email me off list.