[Harp-L] Little Walter still has it....

Last night I attended the Dallas visit by the "Raising Sand" tour--T-Bone Burnett's collaboration with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant.  It was a remarkable musical show--the depth of material they played, the songs selected, the arrangements--almost everything was perfect and certainly unlike anything I've heard in 40 years of concerts.  Something that will probably not grace US stages again in many years.  Don't miss it.

What made it really cool for me was that T-Bone had selected all the recorded music to play before the show, after the first set and after the concert had ended.  I missed the pre-show recordings, but after a well played set of very, very generic rock by the opening act, the house lights came up and the crowd started milling around.  The second song played was Juke, at concert volume, and I looked around to see what the crowd reaction was.  You could easily tell that there were hundreds, if not thousands of people there who had just stopped moving, talking, or doing whatever, jolted by the those opening notes most of us know by heart.  (Some great Wolf followed a few songs later.)

Little Walter lives.  For sure.....Tom Ellis/Tom's Mics