[Harp-L] Are Hohner changes any better..?

"Holy Controversy"...It's really interesting to learn all these facts about the re-fitting of Hohner Harps, reeds, metallic composition, choking of notes etc from Steve,Brendan and all the others.
It is quite likely the Hohner harmonica is improving according to them?
Well the jury is out on that.
 However a 'duds a dud' in my book.
Firstly, I use Hohner products.
I have played their harps for over 30 years.
I need to feel assured the product is reliable and long lasting.
Thats one big reason I buy them.
Now one product, the new Hohner harmonica amp hasn't exactly had great reviews?
The point is does it do the job?
Apparently, not from what I've heard.
Surely  the Hohner factory could get a good 'responsive' harmonica amp right or is it just a cheap all rounder for the learner to think they got a harp amp?
*Maybe they could examine the Kalamazoo Model 2 ?
I know this the Hohner Blues Blaster definitely is not what it was. I have many great 'Hot' mics. in my arsenal  but last time I [unfortunately] purchased a El' Cheapo 'Blues Blaster', it's plastic film began peeling off almost immediately and it had a lousy thin tone.
As for the 'issue of reeds' flexibility, smaller chambers etc..it still seems to me, [all amateurish playing/choking inferences and insults aside], that if a reed is 'sticking' in a model such as the Marine Band Deluxe it's quite reasonable to suspect a fault with the design mechanics or reed manufacture.
Now nothings perfect [including me] thats for sure, but ask yourself why are so many experienced players are looking for a more reliable stronger product ?
 To loyally protect the great name of Hohner is a bit silly really.
The issue is... have the changes to the 'product design' generally improved the harps or are they becoming more flimsy and fragile?
 Are they as 'well made' with materials that are long lasting?
 Am I, one of a relatively 'small percentage' of their consumers that gives a toss?
 As I said I love my Special 20's [majorly for reliability] and enjoy the 'Deluxe'.
However the Deluxe does seem to be more fragile and easily 'choked'.
That's a hassle when you into a show.
That issue  has very rarely  arisen before, in my experience, after years of playing hundreds of various genre shows.
 It is also a financial disappointment when amounts of $500 or more are being spent on hopefully fully functioning 'new' harmonica sets to find this problem amongst them.
Seydel is an attractive alternative for me at present ?
 However being fairly new to reading HarpL,
 I don't really know what the word is on the Seydel harps..are they as good as the sales hype?
I know I'm not much of a fan of Suzuki which is another 'short lifer' and I find the Hohner Golden Melody a lovely harp which doesn't last for long in my experience.
 The fact is, in a gentle playing situation, beautiful fluid notes can be coaxed out of most harmonica brands.
Obviously, if you are a proficient 'feeling' toneful player.
But in a rockin' boogie and blues show one needs a very reliable instrument that 'kicks in'... for any on the spot improvision.
Please stop defending 'the company' and lets hope Hohner grows toward further excellence and definatly not away to a cost cutting or flimsier instrument.