Fw: Re: [Harp-L] Tongue Block Bending Holes 8 to 10 - and tongue blocked overbends

--- On Mon, 7/7/08, Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Tongue Block Bending Holes 8 to 10
To: glenlabb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 4:16 PM

Glen -

There are some people who overblow through a tongue block (Joe Filisko, Dennis Gruenling), but they're in the minority and tend not to be players who use overblows a lot.

I've experimented off and on (more off than on) with tongue-blocked overblows, and after a long time of not-very-concentrated study, they're starting to come more easily. I still find it much easier to overbend with a pucker. Someday, though . . .

Winslow