[Harp-L] Harmonica Respect, Playing Properly, etc.

I've got nothing but respect for you pro's, semi-pro's, music teachers,
conservatory types and all the rest.  But, I'm not in your league and never
will be.  I am a sixty year old attorney.  I don't read a note of music.
Took music lessons and hated it.  But, even my piano teacher couldn't kill
the love of music my uncles left me.  They were semi-pros who started
teaching me to three chord C&W and do simple "breakdowns" when I was five.
They didn't read a note either but they were fine musicians.  The best I can
tell, the blues and C&W were both pioneered by players like them.  One the
gifts I try to give myself every day is half an hour or so on my harps and
half an hour on my guitar.  I do it for the sheer joy of it.  If it sounds
good and I'm having fun, I don't care if I am playing 19th position in the
Key of W.  I also do it to honor my roots and remind myself of who I really
am under the suit.  Please don't discourage or disrespect that kind of
playing.  It's the old musical neighborhood that a lot of you came from and
some of us never left.

Bill Kumpe

Attorney at Law

320 S. Boston, Ste.1026