[Harp-L] How ta lern to Play proply

Foist,

Ta lern to play proply ya haz ta lern ta spel gud inglish.

Ok - on a more or less serious note: I have been playing for 40 years, on and off. I don't know how I learned. I can't read music. I don't play like little Walter. I have trouble figuring out what other players are doing. Somehow I use enough lip and tongue blocking to get by. I have sort of my own style, but I love the blues and the harp and I believe it shows to other musicians and the audience, as well as myself. In my experience, it wasn't sufficient when the only one that enjoyed my own playing was myself. I wanted to play with other folks, so their opinion started to count for something - that is if you want to play with them more than once. I don't play like Little Walter or Jason Ricci, but I have absorbed enough by osmosis to not embarrass a band at an open mic, and on occasion to actually impress some folks ( they probably don't know anything about blues harp :-). So though you can't live your life by what other people think about you, in da
 bluez, a little consideration fer otherz and their hearing can help alot!

- Robert
www.RawFoodLife.com